Tuesday, March 2

orsito

it's winter and i've been hibernating. spending my saved money on spring dreams in the form of clothes that actually fit me because i got fat in new york. i am dying for physical activity of any sort that isn't trudging around in a puffer holding a dumb lunch bag and yellow umbrella and probably a change of shoes.

oh yeah, i got fat by hibernating and making food. cooking is my new thing. i am a domestic goddess. blah, blah, blah


it started with these king cakes which were pretty ambitious. it takes about 8 hours to make two, a couple of days if you count the time I let the second half of the dough incubate and get all yeasty and amazing good. I should mention that prior to this, I had never really made food before. (because all i eat are crackers)



I've made 6, which is 24 hours and maybe like $70.

and then recently I made vegetarian black bean soup topped with cilantro, a spoonful of sour cream, shredded cheese and red/purple onion (are they the same thing? are there such things?). served with cornbread (admittedly from a box of jiffy) and raspberry honey butter on the side (made that).




oh yeah, i go tanning now and drink protein shakes. realizing my true self or an unfortunate side effect of living near the jersey influence?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this all looks very deelish! Especially the bean soup, gotta get me the recipe! xx

    ReplyDelete

love you