Sunday, June 7

GETTING LOST

heyyyyyyyyyy

On Saturday I went to the Salvation Army and this neighborhood block sized garage sale on 44th and 11th. Didn't find anything amazing at either, except for this bike.
Commitment issues prevented me from taking it home, but it's good to know that there are bikes around when I'm ready.

Going to the park interferes with any hopes of exploring and site-seeing. The weather is beautiful right now so all I really want to do is chill here all day. I usually do.

"Everyone get the fuck up here so we can get the fuck out of here."

Alexandra's in town now too. She let me know that the mod DJs were playing at this place in Brooklyn. So I tried to rally my coworkers, the ones that are 21 or have fakes, to go. Marianne decided to make the poor decision and hang out with some loser dudes because Brooklyn, she says, is too far. I'm like I live in fucking NJ and its less than 5 miles. COME ON.

But Peter is my hero. I met him there too late for the free beer because I got sooooo lost in Brooklyn. And no one there seems to know where the fuck they are either so I had some homies google map me several times. Eventually I made it with the help of this darling girl, and later, some bearded fellow at an ATM.

Living in the city has made me recognize the importance of iPhones and Blackberries. I need the internet on me at all times.

Bar was packed, no AC so it was quite sweaty, no lights so it was dark, and there was a dance competition. There is a shower in the bathroom. I met some Scottish people. And then I called it a night.

I nearly had to sleep in the bus station because Marianne was not answering her phone. But it all worked out by 4am, and I crashed on her couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

love you