Wednesday, September 9

NEW YORK PUBLIC LIBRARY PARTY

Soooooooooo not to brag or anything but yesterday was crazy, crazy good. I volunteered to work PAPER mag's 25th birthday party. Celebrities everywhere!


The best part was that during the actual party we didn't have to do anything except party. Mingle, mingle famous people!

Kanye West and Amber Rose were definitely the biggest people there. Also, they seemed to be following me around. I was on the stairs watching The Virgins play and turn around to find Amber standing on the step behind me, peeking over my shoulder. Later, I was walking up the stairs to fetch some goodie bags at the exact moment when Kanye leans over to talk to some people. He ended up yelling something like "Boom Boom Boom" into the side of my face.

Other peeps you might know:
Betsey Johnson
Mischa Barton
Sean Lennon
Cynthia Rowley (at least I think it was her)
Patricia Field
Hanson (the one on the cover-William Taylor Hanson, you know, the cute one- gave his video interview next to me. Kind of ridiculous)
Kenley Collins was in full-on Kenley mode
Queen Latifah
Anna Sui
Andrew WK
The Ronson family (sans Sam)
Liza Minelli (Everyone went NUTS when she performed New York, New York at the end of the night. Betsey Johnson and Queen Latifah were feeling it)
+ a ton of other faces you would recognize.

Just go look at the official pics at PAPER.

I can say with good authority that this guy does not wear deodorant. Very European teeth.



Dudes should think about dressing like this. Bottoms were high-waters with/without socks + plimsoll like sneaks. Traveling in a pack is permissible, but perhaps not advised. Try not to get thrown out at the end of the night.

I got to take home a gift bag and a bottle of wine at the end of the night. Goodies included Karl Lagerfield perfume, Target gift cards, Free Ben & Jerry's coupon, Diesel and Bliss beauty products, copies of Paper (of course), SoBe/HP/Bear Flag stuff, and Skittles, which I ate for dinner.

If I'm going to be doing things like this, I'm probably not supposed to be writing about it on the internet.

2 comments:

love you